A Night Out at the Night Hotel

One of the truly amazing things about New York City is you can discover a new hotel or restaurant every night of the week. There are constantly new things popping up and places to "be seen". I was asked to come check out the Night Hotel (a Vikram Chatwal property) located in the middle of Manhattan by their fabulous sales manager, who is also named Jackie.  Let's just say I felt like an espionage spy stepping into Gotham City.  Another guilty pleasure of mine (seems like I have a lot of them ha!) is staying in different hotels.  If I had it my way I would live in a different hotel every month, that's probably my ideal dream life. The Night Hotel would definitely be on my list.

When you first walk into the hotel, off the crazy hustle and bustle of 45th street, you see darkness. Not just any darkness, but a dimmed sexy black and white/gothic glammed kind of darkness. The first thing that caught my eye was this freaking amazing couch made of pony hair (pretty much want this couch in my apartment). The floor had a chic pattern, there was black leather everywhere, and some really cool fashion photography hanging in every direction.  The Night only has about 70 rooms, making it a classic boutique hotel, with a very modern look. Despite it's size, the rooms where actually pretty big! I loved the wooden arch over the bed,  padded leather headboard, printed pillows, and of course the detailed wallpaper. Another supper cool element that caught my eye was their bathroom products. This is one of the few hotels that actually makes their own shampoos, conditioners, body washes and soaps. It is A LOT going on in one room, but I totally love it. Naturally, I am a fan of anything loud and guady… did I mention I'm from Jersey? 
























After being "mind blown" by their cool decor and interior design work I headed downstairs to Red Moon lounge, which cleverly fuses Japanese with Vietnamese small bites and cocktails.  The intimate space holds about 60 people, and carries out the Gothic Glam feel of the hotel. A really cool feature for all the smokers… they have an "indoor/outdoor" smoke room attached to Red Moon which is connected to the lounge space.  We nibbled on some apps and had some really well made drinks. One of my favorite drinks is a lychee martini, which is actually pretty hard to come by. When I first saw it one the menu it was a done deal.  After a few martinis I had to switch to my signature (champagne & St Germain).  The crowd was mixed: business professionals, fashion peeps, out-of-towners, and a few large groups of friends for happy hour.  Red Moon also does a happy hour special, all appetizers are $4, which is a pretty sweet deal for NYC. 



















If you are ever in the area, or wanna check out a really trendy new spot then make your way to The Night.  Sexy vive, cool atmosphere, devilishly good drinks… what more can a girl ask for? 





SPREAD THE WORD



Comments