The Art of Brunch: Prohibition, Montreal

It's been a while since I did an "Art of Brunch" post, and last Sunday's brunch at Prohibition in Montreal was definitely something to rave about. I wanted to leave the touristy area of downtown and hit the streets to some local spots. Prohibition came highly reccomended with great reviews. The discrete location (on Harvard & Monkland Ave) looked like nothing special from the outside, with only a sign. After walking down the stairs to this underground heaven, and being greeted directly by one of the owners, did I realize this place was something special. Prohibition was PACKED, with every table and seat taken. Brunch chatter between well dressed "trendy" friends and couples filled the room (along with some cool indie music).  Specials were written in chalk on the walls, and massive plates and goodies were served in every direction.

I ordered the Bulgarian Eggs Benedict and my boyfriend ordered the French Toast & Fried Chicken (which is what they are known for). Probably one of the best French Toast meals I ever had, I wanted to steal his. The food was fantastic and the service was great as well. My only disappoint was the fact that they did not have a bellini on the brunch menu! (not sure if a Bellini is the same concept in Montreal as the USA). I had a chance to meet both owners, who are awesome and supper passionate about their spot. After we chatted with some laughs I think the bellini might be added on for future reference. I totally recommend this spot and can't wait to go back!

Of course I decided to do some brunch photos around the area, and was stoked to wear my new Addition Elle wool coat and custom made "Blazers & Bellinis" beanie hat. The stripped sweater dress is from Old Navy, and is supper comfy and warm. My "babette" mini cross-body handbag is by Vancouver based brand, Sienna Ray & Co. The bangles are all by Freida Rothman, and watch by Michael Kors. These cut out motto leather "text friendly" gloves are from ASOS.
































Coat: Addition Elle | Dress: Old Navy | Bangles: Freida Rothman | Bag: Sienna Ray | Gloves: ASOS





SPREAD THE WORD















Comments