Gilded Age Glory












Photos By: Daily Fashionista Dana, Location: The Breakers, Vanderbilt Mansion 

WHAT I'M WEARING:
Dress: New York & Co. | Sandals: Franco Sarto | Sunnies: Freida Rothman 
Jewelry & Handbag by KARA ROSS NY 

 I recently made a visit to The Breakers mansion in Newport, Rhode Island and it was simply breathtaking. I literally felt like I have been there in a past life, I really should have been born in the 1870's "Gilded Area" walking the halls of this fabulous mansion and looking out at the terrace to the water "breaking" on the cliffs (aka the "breakers).  The Gilded period was a time of extreme wealth and economic growth + enginering advances.  The Vanderbilt Mansion is an expression of OVER THE TOP art and design, and I pretty much loved every inch of the property.  The imported marble, solid gold walls, European influenced structure, patterned wall paper and pure affluence dripping all over the place is astonishing. Not to mention this mansion actually had electricity, and during that time period it was extremely rare. Getting to spend the day shooting around the property and walking the halls of an historical landmark staple was definitely pretty cool. 

This outfit is my rendition of a modern "Gilded Age" style. Conservative with a fit & flare stripped silhouette dress and LOTS of gorgeous one-of-a-kind 18k jewelry. I added a little bit of fun humor to this look with a Kara Ross #MyPURSEonailty "Pop-Star" bag. She's quite the diva and L O V E D all of the camera attention. This look is easy to wear and flattering on all body types. I felt like royalty prancing around the grounds of The Breakers and this outfit was the perfect fit. 

...what do you guys think of my new look? 


SPREAD THE WORD








Comments