Fort Lauderdale Underground Fashion Week














Fort Lauderdale Underground Fashion Week, Nicole Miller Spring 2017 Collection | FATVillage Art District 

I escaped the cold and rainy NYC weather this weekend to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Almost seven years ago this was home, and every time I come to FL I am always in Miami. I wanted to spend some time in Laudie, reconnect with old friends and simply RELAX. I promised myself no work this weekend, but when a friend told me Fort Lauderdale was putting together this little “Underground Fashion Week” I had to check it out. The heading designer was Nicole Miller, who showcased her S17 Collection hosted by Nina Garcia. 

First of all, I love the fact that Fort Lauderdale is working hard to have it’s own identity from Miami. Laudie is the yachting and resort capital of Florida, such a great untapped market. Many years ago when I lived in Florida, Ft Lauderdale Fashion Week was our baby, it feels so good to see the industry trying again to make something special here. 

Nicole Miller served up some SUMMER SASS on the runway. The collection was inspired by Panama with a Thailand flare, lots of embroidery + bright colors and cut out panel work. It was airy, bohemian and extremely wearable. I snapped some of my favs for you to see. 


SPREAD THE WORD




Comments