A Modern Take on the Gilded Age: GILDED HOTEL


 
















GILDED HOTEL | 23 Brinley St, Newport, RI | PH; 401 619 7758 

Exactly 2 years ago and 7th months, I visited the Gilded Hotel during the Summer on a blogger weekend excursion with one of my besties Daily Fashionista Dana. We had such an incredible weekend with the Lark Hotel Group and Gilded that it left a permanent impression in my mind. I can’t explain it, but there is something so magical and REGAL about Newport, Rhode Island. The rich history, culture, mansions and membrance of the Golden Gilded Age. I feel like I lived here in a past life or something, it’s absolutely beautiful and such a wonderful break from the hustle and bustle of New York City. I’ve learned the importance of “recharging”, protecting my own magic, and getting the creative juices flowing. 

Gilded Hotel is the perfect place to do just that. It’s this REALY cute bed and breakfast right in the heart of town, walking distance to everything you need. I decided to make a trip to Newport this past weekend with my mom, we both needed a break and a little “girl time”.  This hotel is a modern take on the Gilded Age, and each room is a colorful candy land for your eyes. The interiors were designed by Rachel Reider, and the property is part of the Lark Hotel Group. My FAV room inside of the Gilded hands down is the pink and purple sitting room. I love the graphic wallpaper, plush velvet couches, gold accents and of course printed/textured pillows. I dream of a living room like this one day in my own home designed by RR! 

Mornings at Gilded are the best part. Naturally, being a bed and breakfast you are waking up to the cutest and most delicious meal prepped by Gilded Hotel staff available in the “butterfly room”.  I call it that because of the rediciously cool printed butterfly wallpaper, and animated chandeliers. This is my second favorite room in the hotel. The billiard room gives me total “Great Gatsby” vibes, and the rooms are stunning and really well designed. 

The most important part of a hotel stay for me is the comfort of it’s bed. If you do not have a comfy bed and I don’t sleep well, then it’s a wrap. I love the beds and goose down pillows in each room, even the bathroom products + gold fixtures are right on point. Upon check-in, you receive an iPad packed with EVERYTHING you need to know about the hotel, how to function in your room, where to go, what to eat, and how to interact with Gilded on instgram through an awesome scavenger hunt. 

The Gilded Hotel is well designed, comfortable, and convinetly located. I think it’s the perfect weekend escape for a girls trip, romantic getaway for couples, or place to CELEBRATE any milestones. If you have never been to Newport before I highly reccomend it. It’s about a 5 hour drive from New York City (could be more depending on traffic), but totally worth the track. The Breakers Mansions, RoseCliff, Marble House are all things that you need to see at least once in your life. 



SPREAD THE WORD





SaveSave

Comments