In the Moment




“The most attractive thing a woman can be is confident, it gives us this superpower that is unstoppable”
 -Nicole Shante, Designer | LA










Photos By What The Doost 

WHAT I’M WEARING 
DRESS: Nicole Shante | SHOES: Chanel | SUNNIES: Asos | LIPSTICK: Stila 

Living in the moment is not always easy,  your brightest future hinges on your ability to pay attention to the present.
Living in the moment (aka “MINDFULNESS”) is a state of active, open, intentional attention on the present. When you become mindful, you realize that you are not your thoughts.  Instead of letting your life go by without living it, you awaken to experience. This mindfulness is something I am working on- to be more open and aware in the present, its one of my goals. 

I think you all know by now that I am really big on supporting female designers and entrepreneurs. There is SO MUCH talent, passion, and creativity behind running your own business. It’s a beautiful struggle, and I salute the brave woman that pour their heart into it everyday. I am excited to introduce one amazing woman, Nicole Shante. I met Nicole in New Orleans through mutual friends, and I was blown away by her talent and passion for her label. Her clothing is designed and manufactured in Los Angeles, California. She wanted me to have this gorgeous black and white dress for an event, and I felt like a goddess in it. I’ve been working really hard the past few months on my physical/mental health and overall well being. I am proud to wear this dress, show my figure, and be empowered by my curves. I believe that women should feel beautiful and sexy in anything they wear. I don’t always feel that way, but when I put on this dress after months of hard work, it was such a good feeling. It’s important to set goals for yourself, and when you start to see them come to fruition you keep going and setting the bar of excellence higher. 

I encourage you to write down a few goals for yourself. Think about the steps you need to take in order to get there. Each day give yourself 45 minutes to work on them. Enjoy the journey and process of getting there, be present, be grateful. You can achieve anything if you put your mind to it. 












Comments